Yes, I too flip through a magazine while in the bathroom. And in doing so, I stumbled upon a little tequila contest, called Tequila 1800. If you’re a creative person who loves the now and again (or now, now, now, again, and later) shot of tequila, this is certainly a contest that you can thrive for.
Register online here, and create a few pieces of art. With each entry, your design is entered into the contest with the chance to win $10,000 and your work showcased in an ad campaign. Be sure to read the rules; I’m sure when you enter your design, it then belongs to the company, so read the fine print (Though I didn’t. …Should probably take a look at that!)
If you want to create a design for the tequila contest, but aren’t sure exactly where to start, here are some tips to get your ideas off the ground.
1. Focus on one theme. – The tequila bottle is quite small, so you don’t want to clutter it with a lot of unnecessary details. Maybe a woman, a motorcycle, a toy to name a few examples.
2. Get your Photoshop and Illustrator up and running. -Using both programs gives you the best of both worlds. If you haven’t forked over (I’ll assumed that you paid for the creative suite…) the couple hundred for the programs, you can use a free alternative here.
3. If you can’t draw very well, find an image online and manipulate it using one or both of the programs listed above. Add a filter or filters to it, vectorize it, saturate it- play with it until you get the results you want.
4. Play with color. – Playing with two or three colors that contrast one another gives a more interesting look than using seven or eight different colors.
5. Look at some different artwork to inspire you- here is a good site.