Awesome Giant Jelly Bean Jar Counting Competition

the-jelly-bean-jar-contest

A reader sent this one in (thanks Nathan O.!)

The Jelly Bean Jar is a challenge where you have to guess how many jelly beans are in an extremely large “jar.” I don’t know how big the jar is but it’s probably about 5 feet wide and 7 feet tall. You can either take a random guess or watch all ten videos to count every bean that goes in, if you’ve got time for that, because each video is about 45-50 minutes long. I made it through about 25 seconds of the video and gave up 😉

The way the competition works is that you have to pay a AUD$5 entry fee (about $4.75 US) and if at least 50,000 entries are received, the competition will go live (if not, all money will be refunded). The first person to guess correctly gets 90% of the entry fees, and the other 10% will be distributed equally amongst anyone else who guesses the correct answer.

My guess is about 6,435.

Better hurry, because the competition ends on December 20, 2013.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *